A simple guide on Amazon shipping options available for Amazon sellers.
Opting for Amazon marketplace to take your business online is the best way to ensure its growth and development. It is a well-known fact that Amazon is the biggest online marketplace in the world that connects billions of customers with millions of sellers across the sphere.
Today Amazon has over 95 million loyal shoppers and around billions of shoppers visit on the website per day, with these large numbers of people the responsibility to fulfil all the expectations of the consumers also increases.
For Amazon sellers, many factors influence their sales turnover and profitability such as the type of product they are offering, its price, reviews and ratings from other customers and so on. But at present, as the preference of the shoppers changed, shipping has also become one of the most significant factors, which is instrumental for increasing the conversion rate and sales turnover. Thus sellers need to be extra careful while formulating their shipping plan.
Now some of you might wonder why Amazon sellers should be careful while selecting the shipping options.
The answer to this question is the customers inclined more towards the seller who delivers the product fast and at low cost. Although consumers will be happier if you provide free shipping, let’s be rational here, not every Amazon seller can afford free shipping.
Along with this, a seller must look for the option that will deliver the products to the consumer early. Because if customers find another seller who is offering the same product in fewer days, then, needless to say, they will place an order from that marketplace. Therefore Amazon sellers should opt option which is cost as well as time-effective.tim
Amazon’s prime motive is to keep its shoppers happy. Thus it provides many shipping options for sellers. Here’s a simple guide for Amazon shipping options exclusively available for Amazon sellers.
Amazon basically offers two options for the sellers either they can carry out the shipping process by themselves or with the help of Amazon. Depending on this, Amazon provides the following shipping options to Amazon sellers.
If sellers want to execute the shipping process on their own – Under this two options are available:
- Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM) – Well as the name suggests, under this option a seller also known as a merchant, himself completes the entire shipping process without relying on Amazon. If as a seller, you go with this option then it will be your responsibility to deliver the product from your warehouse/shop to the customers’ address within the time you mentioned in the product description. Also, if the customer returns the product or if there is any query, it will be your sole responsibility to handle the returns and manage their queries.
Opt for this option only if you deal with some exclusive products because the sales frequency is lower or if you sell smaller products. Besides, if after doing research the seller feels that FBM is much cheaper than any other options, then he must go with it.
- Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) – Under this option, a seller has to fulfil their own orders, much similar to FBM. But the prime difference between FBM and SFP is that by opting for the latter one a seller fulfils the order by using a Prime badge, meaning a seller will have access to Amazon Prime customers. If a seller opts for this option, then he/she must provide standard shipping services to the customers. Since Amazon provides accessibility to prime customers under this option, it is not open for every seller.
Amazon has set some high-standards and, even after meeting those standards, a seller has to fulfil the other two criteria that are to pass the trial period and qualify for Premium shipping. After completing the trial period, a seller can get himself/herself qualified for SFP. The catch here is that during the trial period, a seller will not get the Prime badge.
If sellers want to execute the shipping process with the help of Amazon – Under this, three options are available:
- Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) – If sellers opt for taking Amazon’s help for fulfilling the shipment process, then FBA is the most popular method. Under this option, sellers first have to register themselves for the FBA and send the inventory at Amazon Fulfillment Center. Then it is the responsibility of Amazon to manage your orders and deliver the products to customers on behalf of you. Amazon permits sellers to track their inventory whenever they want.
If as a seller you select FBA then you become Amazon Prime Seller. FBA permits sellers to focus on their core business operations while Amazon will execute the shipping process for you, of course, a seller will have to pay a certain amount as a fee.
- Amazon Seller Flex – Amazon Seller Flex option is available for a few sellers only and a seller can not apply for it because Amazon itself sends an invitation for this. Under this shipping method, the warehouse of the seller converts into the FBA warehouse. It means if you are an Amazon seller who is eligible for Amazon Seller flex means you have a large warehouse where you manage multiple inventories, then Amazon will just tag your products as FBA, still, the warehouse will be managed by you.
Amazon has introduced this method intending to provide more access and control to the Amazon seller over the inventory. Also, under this method, a seller has to do business within certain locations as per the requirement of Amazon.
- Amazon Easy Ship – This option is available only for Amazon India Marketplace means for sellers who carry out their business on Amazon.in. Under the Easy Ship, Amazon itself picks orders from the seller’s location in association with Amazon Logistics Delivery and will deliver to the customers’ location. It decreases the efforts of sellers to look for trustworthy courier services.
It was introduced by Amazon to include remote sellers from the different parts of the country. It also provides an option to Amazon sellers to use the Runaway Program, wherein Amazon customer care will handle the queries about sellers’ products.
Before selecting the Amazon shipping options, a seller must study his/her business thoroughly and should determine the cost in advance. To climb the ladder of growth, satisfaction among customers is very crucial because it’s them who decide the fate of your business. Plan your shipping process carefully and keep transparency with the customers.
To support the sellers, Amazon has its own Service Provider Network that assists the Amazon sellers in carrying out their business operations while complying with the guidelines issued by Amazon.
Evantage is one of the best Amazon Service Providers that supports this entire chain of events leading to marketing and demand generation for your Amazon store, excellently. We dispense the wealth of our experience to provide you with the best Amazon E-commerce solutions.
Lead your journey with us!!