Do's and Don'ts of Selling on Amazon
With a large range of over 12 million products, Amazon is the first choice of shoppers. From household entities to luxurious accessories, one can easily find anything he/she wishes. As said, where there is a customer there is a seller, today around 5 million sellers have been reaching to different customers across the sphere through Amazon.
Selling on Amazon is not a walk in the park. Along with provincial sellers, many predominant brands also sell their product on it, intensifying the competition and taking it to another level. The fierce competition encourages many provincial sellers to perform their best, but many Amazon sellers in the feat of getting the position on the marketplace, make mistakes that may result in the suspension of their seller's account.
Why must sellers be aware of do's and don'ts while selling on Amazon?
The sellers should be careful enough while selling on Amazon because it has a buyer-centric policy. Which means sellers must strictly comply with the set standards issued by Amazon to avoid getting their account suspended. Besides, Amazon is the largest online marketplace that signifies the level of competition on it and it can be a bit complicated if a seller tends to ignore the frequent updates. Therefore, sellers should be well aware of the do's and don'ts on Amazon, so they can make the most out of Amazon while bestowing incredible experience to their customers.
Here is the checklist for Amazon sellers of do's and don'ts that they must take into consideration to ensure the visibility and profitability of their marketplace.?
- Do go through all terms and conditions - Even before creating an account on Amazon, finish reading all terms and conditions. If you feel that you may not comply with the given conditions, then take your time and do your research, once sure then get back. Usually, we tend to ignore the terms and conditions, but on Amazon, you are going to invest money in exchange for a marketplace, therefore it is best to know what you are paying to avoid further complications.
- Do focus on product catalogue - You can consider your product catalogue as a virtual showroom. While creating a product catalogue pay special attention, make sure that you include all the images and details about the products that you are offering on Amazon. Your product catalogue should be impressive enough to attract customers. Keep updating it from time to time and comply with all the rules and regulations issued by Amazon about the product catalogue.
- Do optimize product detail page time to time - It is another significant task to do. Time to time optimisation of the product detail page is important to run an advertisement campaign effectively. Amazon sponsored products/brands use keywords that are relevant to your product as well with the ongoing trends in the market. Besides, shoppers before placing an order go through the product page and they do not find anything new they simply left your page. Therefore optimization of product detail pages from time to time is crucial to an advertisement campaign effectively and to grab customer's attention.
- Do select the best shipping method - Amazon provides choice to sellers regarding the shipping, either they can fulfil on their own or can fulfil by Amazon. While selecting the shipping method study your marketplace thoroughly including conversion rate, predicted sales for at least the next three months and market reach. Reason being those different shipping methods come with different prices, so you must know the level, reach and earning of your business to opt for the best method which does not put weight on your wallet.
- Do update marketing strategy - As the competition on Amazon has been intensifying, new and advanced marketing techniques and strategies have been evolving because every seller wants to earn huge revenue while establishing their brand. Therefore to keep the pace with the ongoing market trends, Amazon sellers must review their marketing strategy from time to time and should update it if needed. Remember, customers prefer the sellers who keep them updated, and to keep them updated you need to be updated.
- Don't spend more than budget - Amazon charges a different fee for different services and budding Amazon sellers in excitement sometimes invest more than the capacity of business which later does not give the expected results. Before selecting the services you want, prepare a budget and stick to it for the time being. In the beginning, for a few months understand how Amazon works and create your own tricks and then gradually opt for other prime services to enrich your marketplace. If you want you can opt for the help of a proficient Amazon service provider network.
- Don't ignore whom you have to convince - Since on online selling you can't communicate directly with the customers, your content acts as the spokesperson. Yet, the common mistake a seller makes is that he/she forgets to whom they are convincing. For instance, if you sell baby products and the content that you had created has childlike tone then it won't increase your sales because even if your target market is children, you have to convince their parents to buy the product and to persuade parents, you need to keep the tone of your content mature yet informative. Therefore it is significant to know to whom you are convincing and how they tend to behave to increase the quality of your marketplace leading to higher sales.
- Don't neglect customers’ feedback - Customers' feedback acts as a personal recommendation for your new sellers so do not ignore it. If your customers have dropped some queries look into it and make sure to respond within 12 hours or max to max 24 hours. While responding to their queries ensures that your tone is not harsh and always strives to end it with a positive reply. It will not only help you to retain the customers but will also increase your chances of winning the Amazon Buy Box.
- Don't avoid pricing strategies - Pricing is the prime factor that influences the decision of buyers. Don't fix the price just by looking at your competitors' price, hatch a proper pricing strategy by considering factors such as market reach, cost of the product including packaging, shipment cost etc. Once you consider these factors then compare it with your main competitors' price and then fix the pricing of your product. Furthermore, if you’re looking at Amazon as a primary selling channel and are here for the long run, then consider opting stable product pricing as it will help to build trust among the customers for reliable products.
- Don't enter into the highly competitive market - Look for the niche where your product stands out instead of entering into a highly competitive market. Don't be a sheep in a herd make your own way because if at the beginning itself you enter into the highly competitive market you will end up losing money because those brands are predominating there. Often Amazon sellers think that they can handle the fierce competition only to leave with nothing. First, establish your brand name and then gradually move upwards, remember you are here to make money not to lose it.
Amazon is the best selling channel that can return you higher only if you know what you are doing and why you are doing. Amazon is a little tricky marketplace because of its intensity of competition. To ensure your marketplace's sustainability on Amazon you should be aware of what you are supposed to do and what not.
It is full of opportunity and, with effective planning, you can optimize it to its maximum. To support the sellers, Amazon has its own Service Provider Network that assists the Amazon sellers in carrying out their business operations while complying with the guidelines issued by Amazon.
Evantage is one of the best Amazon Service Providers that supports this entire chain of events leading to marketing and demand generation for your Amazon store, excellently. We dispense the wealth of our experience to provide you with the best Amazon E-commerce solutions.
Lead your journey with us!!