How to Write a Winning Product Title for Amazon
Often it is complicated to write the winning product title for your Amazon marketplace in such a way that it is attractive yet includes all the key information and not to forget it should be eye-catching. In a nutshell, writing a product title means to encompass maximum information about the product in a short phrase.
The title is the banner of your virtual marketplace as it is the first content that customers read about your product even before visiting the product detail page. A short phrase that has the potential to enhance your conversion rate, that's why it should be perfect. But the irony is there is not a well-defined thumb rule to type down the perfect title, an Amazon seller, as a representative of the product has to make it perfect.
Amazon isn't a local marketplace where your area is limited and has fewer competitors, it is the world's largest online marketplace and that clearly defines the intensity of the competition on it. Your title should be optimized enough to make its position in the search results. Fortunately, there are many ways to grab the notoriety of shoppers with concise, informative and interesting product titles for Amazon.
Let's set out on a voyage to untangle the mystery of 200 characters, i.e. product title.
The key elements every product title must have:
Before we move forward with further information, Amazon sellers should be aware of the key elements that every product title should have.
- Brand name
- Flavor and/or variant and/or colour
- Size and/or quantity - Size in case of any wearable item and/or a number of units you are providing in a pack.
- Keywords - According to the target market.
These four elements should be there in your Amazon product title. For instance, you are selling a mask then the product title should look like "XYZ Black Free Size, 14 Masks". This is the very simple version, much more relevant information can be added in the title, which we are going to understand further.
Rules regarding the Amazon Product Title
Amazon has set some standards for typing down the standard product title. It is a well-known fact that Amazon has a very strict policy considering compliance with the terms and conditions, so make sure you won't end up writing a title that leads to the non-appearance of the product in search results as Amazon algorithms tend to ignore the content that isn't up to the mark.
The points to be considered while writing the Amazon Product Title are:
- Capitalize the first letter of every word unless it's a conjunction, preposition or an article. But if the proposition is more than 4 letters like 'above', 'under' then keep the first letter capital.
- Do not use the ampersand (&) instead of “and" except if it is a part of the product brand name. Make sure that each letter in the word "and" is in lower case.
- For numbers use numerals rather than words. For eg. "8 not eight".
- Spell out measurements instead of using symbols such as inch instead of (").
- Do not use the promotional phrase like “free shipping", "sale 30% off", " #1 seller" etc.
- Not mention size and colour if the product comes in a single size and colour.
- Avoid using symbols or any special characters in the product title (@$%&).
- Do not mention the price of the product in the title.
- Do not write all the letters in the title in capital letters.
- Do not write subjective descriptions and/or include any type of sellers’ information.
Coming up with the best, unique and attentive title
Product title doesn’t limit your creativity in 200 characters if you want you can play around the limit to make the title more attractive. For instance, you can include a bonus selling feature in the title that represents the uniqueness of the product or you can also put the brand name at last ( if you’re not well known) and can begin from the product or quality you are offering.
The best way to select the best-suited title is through A/B testing to determine which phrase gives out the most clicks and sales.
Keywords, keywords and keywords!!
Keywords are the essence of content that defines its significance while determining the ranking and appearance in the search results. Although there are many factors like price, availability, sales history and selection that influence the ranking like, the significance of keywords cannot be ignored, let's just say it is like a steering that majorly drives the ranking.
Selecting a keyword isn't an easy task especially when you have to compete with millions of sellers on Amazon. It is the element where maximum Amazon sellers fall short. Often sellers stuff so many keywords in the title that lead them nowhere. The algorithm of keywords functions differently and for that, you need to play smartly.
The best way to determine the keyword is to put yourself in the place of the buyer and search for the product you are selling. See the top results, go through the keywords present in their title and compare how frequently they’re found in your searches. Then opt for the most common keyword and apply it in your title. Furthermore, you can also look for the less frequent keywords associated with the high rankers and can use it, but only if it is relevant to your product.
Why does product title matter much in increasing the conversion rate?
When you sell on Amazon, every single thing matters and contributes to the success of your marketplace and we can say that title is the key. A shopper when they search for something, the very first thing that he/she sees is the title of your product and if it manages to grab the attention of the shopper then it navigates to the product detail page and increases the probability of turning the potential sales into the actual sales. Amazon product title is much more than the short phrase and is matter because:
- Help to get better ranking in search appearances.
- Navigates customers to find the product more easily.
- Bestows potential buyers with a brief insight into what your product actually is and what is there for them.
- Higher conversion rate as it increases the visibility of the product.
Product title is the gateway to your product detail page; hence confirm that the title is descriptive enough to intrigue customers. Comply with all the set standards of Amazon regarding the product title and experience the increased traffic at your marketplace.
To support the sellers, Amazon has its own Service Provider Network that assists the Amazon sellers in carrying out their business operations while complying with the guidelines issued by Amazon.
Evantage is one of the best Amazon Service Providers that supports this entire chain of events leading to marketing and demand generation for your Amazon store, excellently. We dispense the wealth of our experience to provide you with the best Amazon E-commerce solutions.
Lead your journey with us!!